Trader Joes Edamame Hummus and I have had a serious love affair for the past year. By love affair I mean I buy it every single time I shop at TJ’s which is usually about once a week. Seriously, every time. No exceptions. The weird thing is I was convinced I would have gotten sick of it by now. That, or I would have turned into an edamame. Neither of which have yet happened. Odd.
Despite my true love for Edamame Hummus, I have never attempted to make it at home. Moreover, I have never made any hummus homemade before! It is something that has been on my culinary to-do list for a while now.
This month’s Recipe Redux theme is Dressing For Success: condiments, spreads, & salad dressings. Hummus is one of my favorite spreads. Surprisingly, not too many people even know what hummus is. Hummus is a bean spread made of garbanzo beans and tahini. Makes for a great dip for veggies!
The Recipe Redux inspired me to buy the one thing that was holding me back from making hummus at home…a food processor, an essential kitchen tool.
1 1/4 cup shelled edamame
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup water
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 garlic cloves
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste
Puree all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Spread on pitas, rice cakes, crackers. Or, use it as a condiment on a sandwich. Edamame hummus would taste great on a grilled veggie sandwich.
I was amazed at how quick and easy it is to make hummus. If you have a food processor at home, making hummus is a cinch. If you’ve never tried hummus, you are in for a treat!
Interested in my other Recipe Reduxs? Check out my Blueberry Basil Lemonade Fizz or my Peanut Butter Banana “Ice Cream” With Dark Chocolate.
Peace, love, and food,
Take a look at what other dressings, spreads, and condiments the other Recipe Reduxers came up with this month:
- Carlene Helble-Carlene’s Figments – Roasted Eggplant Pepper Schmeer
- Deanna Segrave-Daly – Teaspoon of Spice – Sicilian Relish
- Cherie Schetselaar Grain Crazy – Fry Sauce
- Dr Barb – Nutrition Budgeteer – Jalapeno Ranch Dressing is Versatile & Healthier
- Elizabeth Jarrard- Don’t (White) Sugar-Coat it – Spicy Tahini Dressing
- Kara Lydon – Peace, Love, and Food – Edamame Hummus
- Kat Lynch – Eating The Week – Citrus Sesame Avocado Dressing
- Emma Stirling – The Scoop on Nutrition – Recipe Redux Kitchen Garden Salsa Verde
- Emma Cutfield-The Hearty Heart – Go-Go-Goji: Blood Building Salad Dressing
- Lisa @ Healthful Sense – Sweet Peanut Sauce & Dressing
- Regan @ The Professional Palate – Ponzu Sauce
- Danielle Omar – Food Confidence RD – Recipe Redux: Your New Favorite Vinaigrette
- Stephanie Howard – Give Them Something Better – Creamy Garlic Feta Dressing
- Nicole Ferring Holovach – Whole Health RD – Mapple Salad Dressing
- Kristen @ Swanky Dietitian – Italian Vinaigrette Artichoke Dressing
- Ann Dunaway Teh – Eat to Nourish, Energize & Flourish – Thai Basil Peanut Pesto
- Kristina @ Love and Zest – Spiced Pumpkin Dip
- Meg @ Meg’s Food Reality – Sweet Potato Hummus
- gretchen | kumquat – dariy-free ranch dressing
- Everyday Tastiness – Pistachio Butter
- Alysa Bajenaru – Inspired RD – How to Roast Garlic & a Recipe for Roasted Garlic Hummus
- EA Stewart-The Spicy RD – Creamy Triple Pepper and Kale Dip
- Liz Weiss & Janice Newell Bissex – Meal Makeover Moms’ Kitchen – Garden-Fresh Tomato & Avocado Salsa